> I'd argue market conditions is the biggest factor. So why spend the money on
> the higher price gear?

Well currently canopy is pretty "cheap" but only does 7Mbps/7Mbps throughput, a
MT system w/ 23db MTI pocket antenna is about $400 but will do 30Mbps with good
SNR and 15Mbps w/o a problem

The next step is the alvarion VL line which is pretty costly, then there is the
solectek(sp?), and some other atheros based solutions, all seem to be about
$1000 cpe priced solutions

I want the 15Mbps to 30Mbps to the CPE and will pay more than the canopy cheapo
version to get, is it worth it? Is it worth to roll my own MT solution or to pay
more for the pre-rolled alvarion/solectek/etc?