One point to bring up is the fact that they request the band and
privileges to do research and to further understanding and techniques
yet they want an exemption from something which they say is quite
difficult.  I would say that is what research is all about and they
would want to solve that problem.

Also point out that high frequency communications research should be
directed at low power communications.  Any idiot can throw 100W
amplifiers and get NLOS, but the true genius would be if the Hams can
do the same thing with 100 mW.  You should basically ask that they be
reduced to 0.5 W in order to foster more research, since necessity is
the mother of invention.  With low power they will have to perfect
their techniques and with 100 W they will just sit back and blast the
spectrum.

After all, they want to research and that is the basis of the whole
proposal.  Shoot that part down in flames by pointing out the
inconsistencies of their request.

Lonnie

On 4/15/06, George <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> And I should also say that it is being discussed and addressed by on the
> wispa fcc committee list.
>
> George
>
> George wrote:
> > Here is what I got from P15:
> >

> > On March 13, 2006, The ARRL has proposed a change in regulating spread
> > spectrum power output.  This will dramatically affect users of 802.11b/g in
> > the 2.4 GHz frequency range.
> >
> > Basically the proposal allows amateur radio operators to run powers of 100
> > watts without automatic power control.  In the 2.4 GHz band it could
> > obliterate Wi-Fi channels for miles having a significant interference
> > impact
> > on WISP operations.
> >
> > PART-15.ORG is not in favor of such a change for various and numerous
> > reasons. I urge each of you to review the filings and submit comments in
> > opposition to the requested changes.
> >
> > PART-15.ORG will be filing our Opposition in about 10 days. Each of you are
> > welcome to use our filing in support of your own.  I'll make a public
> > announcement of our filing when it is ready. Until then, I'm going to
> > open a
> > discussion on both the PART-15.ORG email lists and the new Forum.
> >
> > For more information on the ARRL filing:
> >
> > (1) http://www.broadbandwirelessreports.com/
> >
> > Or
> >
> > (2) http://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/ecfs/comsrch_v2.cgi and enter RM-11325 in
> > "Proceeding" box