Here is what I got from P15:

On March 13, 2006, The ARRL has proposed a change in regulating spread
spectrum power output.  This will dramatically affect users of 802.11b/g in
the 2.4 GHz frequency range.

Basically the proposal allows amateur radio operators to run powers of 100
watts without automatic power control.  In the 2.4 GHz band it could
obliterate Wi-Fi channels for miles having a significant interference impact
on WISP operations.

PART-15.ORG is not in favor of such a change for various and numerous
reasons. I urge each of you to review the filings and submit comments in
opposition to the requested changes.

PART-15.ORG will be filing our Opposition in about 10 days. Each of you are
welcome to use our filing in support of your own.  I'll make a public
announcement of our filing when it is ready. Until then, I'm going to open a
discussion on both the PART-15.ORG email lists and the new Forum.

For more information on the ARRL filing:

(1) http://www.broadbandwirelessreports.com/

Or

(2) http://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/ecfs/comsrch_v2.cgi and enter RM-11325 in
"Proceeding" box