From: Scott Reed
Sent: Monday, April 24, 2006 11:54 AM
Subject: Re: [WISPA] 450' PoE 48v

First, 450' is way too far for really reliable ethternet, if it is cat 5.

Voltage drops due to resistance in the wire.  Voltage = Current * Resistance.  Longer wire has more resistance.  You will need to increase the voltage of the power supply based on the current rating of the device(s) at the other end of the wire and the resistance of the wire you are using.

Scott Reed
Owner
NewWays
Wireless Networking