In the meantime we will send our Product Management VP to explain to you in detail how it works. Also include in your reply the name of the fanciest restaurant in your town. This is where the VP will be having the meetings (We don't want you to be disturb by your day to day emergencies)
You have a Good Day now,

Carl A Jeptha
http://www.airnet.ca
office 905 349-2084
Emergency only Pager 905 377-6900
skype cajeptha

Rudolph Worrell wrote:
Please send your money as we are backordered for development.  Will send
product as soon as we can fill the order. LOL.

Quoting Brian Rohrbacher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

I'll take 200.

Rudolph Worrell wrote:

I am reading all of these posts and I see one thing here.  Marketing! There

is

little sense to this but a great deal of marketing being done for Mesh, 4.9,

and Muni WiFi.  I see out of town guys chime in all the time and express how

well they can deploy and integrate networks.  I am very curious about the
actual implementations they have done that involved a large mountain ranges

with customers spaced every 5 miles who are behind trees, or has some
obstruction to any towers.  Better yet a neighborhood with devices on the

same

frequencies that you cannot control.  My guess is that their lab and specs

of

their devices looks great but the actual deployment is a different story.

We

all know that 2.4Ghz, 900Mhz, and 5.8Ghz, all have their limitations, and

will

perform perhaps 10% to 20% worst than advertised.  Do these guys know that?

As for the marketing bit, I have a 2.4Ghz wireless device that can

communicate

at 100 mph, at distances of 100mi from the tower using 60foot dishes, giving

throughput of 200Mbps.  It sells for $50,000.00 per Clieint bridge and
$600,000.00 per AP.  Who wants to buy?

Quoting Carl A Jeptha <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Well to one-up you,
Our local Utility has been offered Wimax Radios to be used in a Mesh
Network on a licensed Freq, so that they can read meters.
What really gets me is that these people with a few carefully chosen
words appear to know more than all of us put together. The gift of the

GAB.

You have a Good Day now,

Carl A Jeptha
http://www.airnet.ca
office 905 349-2084
Emergency only Pager 905 377-6900
skype cajeptha

Brad Larson wrote:

I'm biting my tongue on this topic....I have been on enough of these
projects, well over 50 in the last 12 months alone, and I have to say

there

are a pile of people that don't know what they're getting into and many

will

get hurt. For instance, I have a unnamed mesh vendor quoting 14 nodes per
square mile for 100% coverage in a decent sized community in MA. They'll
need at least 40ish... And please keep in mind that different parts of

the

Country where tree lines/foliage, noise floors, and topology are

different

create their own separate challenges. Throw in voice as some of the
"wireless network experts" have advised and a whole new overlay of

problems

surface.

There is a place for mesh just like other tools in your kit but covering
whole counties or even trying to cover a whole City is quite a stretch

IMHO.

How did we get to this point of mesh first being considered a

"convenience

or hotspot extension" to what it has become today where it is seen as the
4th solution to the last mile or a cost effective roaming solution for
public safety or city workers?

I have seen designs in the NE US where 40 to 69 2.4 Ghz nodes per square
mile are needed when a simple implement of 900 Mhz mobility with two base
stations (redundant) per square mile can do the trick and save 90% of the
cost of a mesh network. Use mesh in the parks, at the pool, in the
restaurant district, or anywhere else people may want public access. And
I'll add that opening up my notebook on a sunny day outside is pretty

much

waste of battery power. I'm afraid Tempe AZ and St Cloud are just the

start

of some of the bad press we're going to see related to our wireless
industry.

But then again, I'm a show me guy so if one of these major networks

actually

works, has an ROI and doesn't become a boondoggle for tax payers, and

serves

the public well then I'll be impressed. Brad