----- Original Message -----
From: "George Rogato" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 03, 2006 7:48 PM
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Save the Internet (Net Neutrality)

> While I agree with the basic concept of net neutrality, I wonder what
> will happen with IPTV-VOD and the stress it puts on a broadband
> providers network.
>
> If there is any application that I can think of that changes the rules
> of net neutrality it would be IPTV. I understand some will say you sold
> a certain size connection and should live up to that, but no ISP has
> sold a consumer grade broadband connection thinkig that a small
> percentage of it's customers would eat up his entire pipe. Or had in
> mind that this type of usage would be common place when he first sold
> his services and set pricing.
>
> Matter of fact for a wisp this would kill us if tomorrow morning if we
> all woke up and found our customers all downloading tomorrows
> movies-television shows at the same time across our network.
> That is the first point. The second point is, does hollywood video have
> a right to use a substantial amount of our network to deliver to both
> our common customers their product without paying us a toll fee?

It's not "Hollywood Video", it's YOUR CUSTOMER using your network.

Only your customer owes you, nobody else.

Are you prepared to tell your customer... "We provide internet connections,
but block the sites we don't want you to access.."?

North East Oregon Fastnet, LLC 509-593-4061
Fast Internet, NO WIRES!
-