Credits are always given when we are in the wrong or if we have a bug or so.
As for refund we rarely do and if it comes to that we are the ones who initiate
this.  The worst thing is to string a customer along even though you know that
you cannot fix the issue.  I have found that it is better to say catch you next
time or when it is fix than to have false expectation.