To: <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2006 9:30 AM
Subject: [WISPA] FM Remote Broadcast over Wireless (RBOW ?)

I've been asked if an FM broadcast station can broadcast from a "remote" (non-studio) location by putting the audio over an existing license-free wireless network to connect back to the main studio. On the surface of it, I don't see why this wouldn't work as long as:

1. The wireless network is reliable, and
2. The remote FM audio stream can be converted to a half-duplex stream of Ethernet packets.

Does anyone know of someone who has done this successfully and, if so, what equipment was used on both the audio and RF networks?

Thanks in advance,
                   jack

Serving the License-Free Wireless Industry Since 1993
Our next WISP Workshop is June 21-22 in Atlanta, GA.