Lol.

Yes, you're right, but I believe they RECOMMEND putting two radios at the
site...

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jack Unger
Sent: Thursday, June 15, 2006 3:45 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Fw: Orion 900 MHz OFDM 22 Mbps

Rick,

Remember that when a CPE (or any radio) is used as an AP to relay to other
radios that we really have a single-frequency "repeater" and the throughput
capability will be halved for each additional hop.

jack

P.S. - If I start calling this throughput-halving effect "The Tropos-effect",
maybe I can motivate Tropos to add a second (non-2.4
GHz) radio to their product.  :)

Rick Smith wrote:

> $732 for each unit - cpe or AP - and the AP can serve up to 3 cpe's.
> Supposedly, each CPE can also be an AP to 3 more...

Serving the License-Free Wireless Industry Since 1993
Our next WISP Workshop is June 21-22 in Atlanta, GA.
http://www.ask-wi.com/2002locations.html