On Jun 19, 2006, at 5:37 PM, Tom DeReggi wrote:

Does Canopy use VLAN tagging at the CPE?
Yes

I didn't think they did. I thought they just did passthrough like Trango?
Can do that too.

Canopy doesn't support bandwdith management assignment based on VLANs does it?
Not per VLAN, but per SM.

How is Canopy's support for VLAN better than Trango's?
Trango has no support for it.

PS. Who cares if Orthogon supports it, because its to darn expensive, and if you can afford Orthogon, you can afford the extra $180 to put a VLANrouter/VLANswitch behind it.
First, if you are using an Orthogon to backhaul your network you don't want it connected to some cheap piece of network equipment. Second, if you are using an Orthogon to provide service to a customer that service is going to be expensive enough that the customer isn't going to want a cheap piece of network equipment either.

-Matt