From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Tom DeReggi
Sent: Friday, August 18, 2006 10:12 AM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Routerboard 532 and NStreme2

>Lonnie is famous for hijacking threads

Regardless of the original thread topic, I'd argue that...

The goal is to find a manufacturer that can deliver what we need, the
complete solution, at the price we need. If someone can do that, there is
not much more to find out, in my mind. Its not about who is better, its who
can deliver, because WISPs are starving for solutions.  When I think about
it, until just recently, I have been using the same product that I selected
as best for me 5 years ago and there are two reasons for it. 1) Loyalty to
vendor  and 2) there is lots of advancement, but not enough of a value to
justify change.  A great OS does nothing if it can;t run on adequate
hardware, and adequate hardware can't do much without adequate software.

I am exstatic to hear about what Lonnie has accomplished with his new War/V3

solution.  To my recognition, he is the first to deliver a complete low cost

solution to meet todays ISP's backhaul needs. (that means he's listening to
WISPs).  It delivers low cost, total link w/ antennas, radios, cases, etc,
under $1000, it allows us to transparently bridge without compromising MTU
delivery, and it will pass 35 mbps, adeqaute speed for backhauling a 6 six
sector cell site.  First, a product must meet the need of the solution.
Every other component of the OS's I feel are almost pointless, or just value

add to help tip the scale.  A 12-20 mbps solution is just not enough.

I'm not saying there are not other vendors with adeqaute solutions, nor that

the other products don't have valueable features for other solutions. But
War/V3 might have been the first to deliver all three needs in a PTP (also
possibly PtMP sectors, but thats a different discussion with different
things to compare.). For that recognition is due, and I commend him.

Tom DeReggi
RapidDSL & Wireless, Inc
IntAirNet- Fixed Wireless Broadband