I use MT for my APs so the routing is not a problem. If you have a router at each tower location you can route to the tower and be bridged at each tower location.

I looked briefly at Tranzeo for APs but after using MT I wouldn't want to give up the extra features:
+ True routing
+ BW control at the AP.  A runaway machine can only kill an AP at most
+ No interclient communication.  Stops many trojan/virus vectors
+ Ability to have complex firewall rules at the AP. I use these mostly to block common trojan and virus ports
+ Detailed stats on each client connection.

There are several ways to do this, as many of the respondants on this thread have mentioned (good thread by the way). As for your earlier question concerning getting into the CPE in a router environment, as has already been mentioned, you just need to connect to it using the routed private IP assigned to it. But something that hasn't been mentioned is in the case of a MT network (or other router/AP that supports it) you can also set up a VPN tunnel to the tower/AP and effectively be on the bridged network as well.

   Sam Tetherow
   Sandhills Wireless

Jason Hensley wrote:
Thanks for the info Mac.
First, I'm not that concerned about the CPE utility working. That's one reason I like the static IP setup - I know what user has what IP and how to get to their CPE. For the VLAN switch (that I'm not familiar with at all) can you tell me how this would work on a 2 hop setup? Basically what I have is Tower 1 to Tower 2 using 5.8 backhaul, then Tower 2 to NOC using another 5.8 backhaul. Where would I drop the switch, or do I need one at each tower? Main thing / challenge that I'm seeing right now is that, like someone else mentioned either here or on the other list, is that I cannot do true routing with TR-6000's (my AP's). So, what I've got to figure out how to get past that. I'm considering replacing the 6000's with Mikrotik's, but not sure about that 100% yet. I think I've been talked out of using the public IP's on each CPE ;-) and am now planning to do 1-1 NAT. But, I'm just having trouble picturing in my head how I'm going to do this - especially with the TR6000 routing capabilities (or lack of). Public IP's, at least for now, are pretty easy for me to get. I could easily justify another /24 to my upstream, but beyond that, it would take some pretty convincing data for me to get more. But, once I get to that size, I'll be looking at buying my own block(s).