You won't find a radio to fit into the slot -- USB radio will limit you
tremendously as far as feature sets.....

Good luck in your search and please post if / when you find something.

JohnnyO

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Marlon K. Schafer (509) 982-2181
Sent: Thursday, September 07, 2006 11:03 AM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] ot? New pc card slot in laptop


I really don't want something like that.  I want either a radio that
fits 
the slot or a usb radio....

Marlon
(509) 982-2181                                   Equipment sales
(408) 907-6910 (Vonage)                    Consulting services
42846865 (icq)                                    And I run my own wisp!
64.146.146.12 (net meeting)
www.odessaoffice.com/wireless
www.odessaoffice.com/marlon/cam



----- Original Message ----- 
From: "JohnnyO" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'WISPA General List'" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Thursday, September 07, 2006 8:51 AM
Subject: RE: [WISPA] ot? New pc card slot in laptop


> http://sewelldirect.com/usb-to-pcmcia-wireless-adapter.asp?adpath=/Goo
> gl
>
e/Lewis%20Gunter/06-04-04//USB%20to%20PCMCIA//47&keywords=usb%20to%20pcm
> cia&match=3&search=search&gclid=CJ73gtvwm4cCFRR4UAodpHP7uA
>
> Marlon - you won't find them less expensive then $175.00 plus 
> shipping. Just went through this for a customer.....
>
> Cheaper isn't always better :)~
>
> Fyi - this is the only fix you'll find for your dilema - customer of 
> ours needed to use their aircards.
>
> JohnnyO
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
> On Behalf Of Marlon K. Schafer (509) 982-2181
> Sent: Thursday, September 07, 2006 10:39 AM
> To: wireless@wispa.org
> Cc: isp-wireless@isp-wireless.com
> Subject: [WISPA] ot? New pc card slot in laptop
>
>
> Hi All,
>
> I FINALLY had my old laptop go nuts.  Some kind of hard drive error.  
> So I have a new one here now.  It's a cheapo Dell.  Has no firewire 
> but I can
>
> live with that, don't use it anyway.  It also has no PCMCIA slot!  
> It's got a slot that's the right size but the connections inside the 
> slot are all
>
> wrong.
>
> I need to find an external wireless card that I can hook a cable to 
> and get actual dB data from various antennas.
>
> Anyone have any idea what this is and/or what I can do to make this 
> work?
>
> thanks,
> Marlon
> (509) 982-2181                                   Equipment sales
> (408) 907-6910 (Vonage)                    Consulting services
> 42846865 (icq)                                    And I run my own
wisp!
> 64.146.146.12 (net meeting)
> www.odessaoffice.com/wireless
> www.odessaoffice.com/marlon/cam
>
>
>
> --
> WISPA Wireless List: wireless@wispa.org
>
> Subscribe/Unsubscribe: 
> http://lists.wispa.org/mailman/listinfo/wireless
>
> Archives: http://lists.wispa.org/pipermail/wireless/
>
> --
> WISPA Wireless List: wireless@wispa.org
>
> Subscribe/Unsubscribe: 
> http://lists.wispa.org/mailman/listinfo/wireless
>
> Archives: http://lists.wispa.org/pipermail/wireless/
> 

-- 
WISPA Wireless List: wireless@wispa.org

Subscribe/Unsubscribe: http://lists.wispa.org/mailman/listinfo/wireless

Archives: http://lists.wispa.org/pipermail/wireless/

-- 
WISPA Wireless List: wireless@wispa.org

Subscribe/Unsubscribe:
http://lists.wispa.org/mailman/listinfo/wireless

Archives: http://lists.wispa.org/pipermail/wireless/

Reply via email to