From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Matt Liotta
Sent: Monday, September 25, 2006 1:01 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] vendor specs -- Jon

Patrick Leary wrote:
> Why is that the case? You really think GPS on Canopy is some cool
> feature? Canopy must have GPS to function. Without it, it kills
itself.
> It is all to prevent self-inflicted interference (remember, Canopy
does
> not even have ATPC) and to allow for channel re-use. Other systems,
like
> VL, do not need it. It provides far more capacity than Canopy, so it
> does not need to re-use channels and with basic channel planning you
> don't have issues with self-interference.

This thread is really turning into a mess. The above statement is simply

wrong. We operate a number of Canopy base stations without GPS. In fact,

for all the Canopy radios we own we only have two CMMs. Mostly because
the CMM doesn't fit in well with our network. Regardless, Canopy does
not need GPS to function.

-Matt

computer viruses(191).

computer viruses(43).