From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Patrick Leary
Sent: Monday, September 25, 2006 3:17 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: RE: [WISPA] vendor specs -- Jon

Jon,

Why is that the case? You really think GPS on Canopy is some cool
feature? Canopy must have GPS to function. Without it, it kills itself.
It is all to prevent self-inflicted interference (remember, Canopy does
not even have ATPC) and to allow for channel re-use. Other systems, like
VL, do not need it. It provides far more capacity than Canopy, so it
does not need to re-use channels and with basic channel planning you
don't have issues with self-interference.

Patrick Leary
AVP WISP Markets
Alvarion, Inc.
o: 650.314.2628