Ya, Blair called and we talked about it.  Ok to the next part.

Probably what I should find is a u.fl to mmcx adapter and a mmcx to u.fl adapter so I can adapt. Expanding from that, is there any such "WISP emergency include all cable adapter kit" that exists?

Brian

Jason wrote:

Brian,

This is still a seriously bad idea. Sorry. Unterminated pieces of coax attached to the system will behave as filters. For instance, a piece of coax that is 1/4 wavelength long acts as a DEAD SHORT if the end of it is open. If the end of the coax is shorted then it acts as an infinite resistance (see THE ARRL HANDBOOK on transmission line and filter theory). If you just throw arbitrary length pieces of coax into the system, you'll be adding all kinds of band pass/band reject filters into your system. If the pieces are just the right length, it'll work. At the very least you'll loose a few decibels due to the additional capacitance in the spare coax.

Jason

Brian Rohrbacher wrote:

Either I am a bad explainer or there are some bad readers here.

Lets start again. Lately I have had issues because WiFi sucks (wish I could afford proprietary) moving on.....I have been using different radio cards and have ended up having to switch the pigtails from u.fl to mmcx or visa versa. It sucks to cut away mastic and reseal these n female connectors on the bottom of my enclosure. I would like to leave two pigtails attached to my lmr400 n male antenna cable. Then inside the enclosure I could grab whatever pigtail I want to use with the "next greatest card" that I hope will fix everything.

Probably what I should find is a u.fl to mmcx adapter and a mmcx to u.fl adapter so I can adapt. Expanding from that, is there any such "WISP emergency include all cable adapter kit" that exists?

Brian

Marlon K. Schafer (509) 982-2181 wrote:

I've been told to never do this. The output of the transmitting radio will totally deafen the receiving one. It might work for just a few customers at a time (or with something that would sinc like the Moto products) but I think that much usage on the network would kill it pretty fast.

I've used splitters for two antennas per radio, that seems to work ok.

Marlon
42846865 (icq) And I run my own wisp!
64.146.146.12 (net meeting)
www.odessaoffice.com/wireless
www.odessaoffice.com/marlon/cam

----- Original Message ----- From: "Brian Rohrbacher" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: "Conversations over a new WISP Trade Organization" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 05, 2006 12:47 PM
Subject: [WISPA] lmr 400 splitter

I want to go from two cards to one antenna (wouldn't both be on at same time).. I guess I want a y, to go from 2 n male to 1 n female.

Brian