From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Travis Johnson
Sent: Tuesday, October 17, 2006 3:24 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Are you making money?

Hi,

Although he has spent some time and efforts, many of his numbers are WAY
off:

$50 installs (contract labor)
customers paying $360 for installation
$40 per month ARPU (for a startup WISP is not realistic today with $15 DSL)

Just taking the installation numbers away completely changes this sheet...
we are doing $99 installs and include a free Linksys wireless
firewall/router. So now instead of making $15 per install, he will be losing
$246. So now after 2 years, the company is making $11,736 per month profit
but still shows $42,000 in debt (from the first 2 years) and hasn't paid
anything back to the investors, banks, etc.

Now, if you use the same sheet, lease the CPE ($5/mo per customer) and still
buy the Linksys router for $40, the company is making $18,800 per month
profit and has $98,000 in cash after 2 years. ;)

Travis
Microserv