Second request - take this discussion offlist, Mark.

Mark Koskenmaki wrote:

The impacts on your business...   Your accountant's report to you...  Those
are not partisan.  Your ability to survive and / or grow are very much at
stake in how you deal with changes that are likely.   If you consider
watching out for and trying to keep your business afloat with a Congress
hostile to you some kind of partisanship, you're being a little silly.   One
has to face facts...

The #1 target of every Democrat congress is to remove write-offs...  that
is, to turn the stuff you buy into assets, so you get taxed on the value of
everything you buy.   Tax laws at the moment are moderately friendly to
growth, in that you have the choice to either write-off... Or to retain the
value of your equipment, which ever may suit your business situation.   Some
I know are taking the tax bite, becuase they want, on paper, the most value
possible for thier business...  For future sale purposes.   Some don't.
Some want or need every possible deduction so they can use every dollar they
can manage to keep away from the tax man.

You may lose that choice... and that could ultimately put a number of us
under - especially the faster growing ones, who find that taxing growth
leads to instant negative cash flow and bankruptcy.

But then again,  maybe your accountant is just playing partisan games with
you...  Or not.   WISP's are quite unique in that, at least in my situation,
I am purchasing intense.  Every dollar that comes in goes out.   No wages,
no lunches, no toys...  Just every dollar turned over for growth.

If I could not write that off...   I'd have to just give up and go work at
McDonald's.

And not a single Democrat would consider that a bad thing - just a minor
victory in the war on "the rich".

neofast.net - fast internet for North East Oregon and South East Washington
email me at mark at neofast dot net
541-969-8200
Direct commercial inquiries to purchasing at neofast dot net

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mark Nash - Lists" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>