I know a nearby WISP that gives his customers IP space and his CPE space on the same last 3 octets. Makes figuring out who's CPE belongs to who's equipmnent much easier:

For example: Customer addr = 64.123.105.33, CPE addr: 10.123.105.33

We keep out CPE private, and customer addr public, but we aren't quite THAT organized.

pd

Ryan Langseth wrote:

David,