To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Monday, November 27, 2006 4:48 PM
Subject: Re: [WISPA] illegal CPE installs

Travis,

What's the illegality?

Are they using 5150 - 5250 (indoor use only)?

Are they exceeding + 30 dBm EIRP on either the AP or the SM?

jack

Travis Johnson wrote:

Hi,

Curious to everyone's thoughts about a regional WISP installing illegal CPE units? They are using Last Mile Gear 120degree Canopy 120 degree sectors (5.2GHz) and then putting the Canopy 5.2GHz SM in dishes at customer locations. I am talking about thousands of CPE installed this way and doing more every day. This company covers several western states (Idaho, Utah, Nevada, etc.) and also does Dish Network satellite TV installs.

Is this OK? What are everyone's thoughts?

Travis
Microserv

Serving the License-Free Wireless Industry Since 1993
Newsletters Downloadable from http://ask-wi.com/newsletters.html