Wow, an ethernet slip ring...bet that could cause all sorts of problems.

----- Original Message ----- From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 29, 2006 1:54 PM
Subject: RE: [WISPA] Motor controlled rotating poles

I think a simple TV antenna rotator would do the trick.  If you got an IP
camera with dry contact outputs, like the Axis network cameras, you could
wire up some relays connected to the outputs of the camera that would
rotate the pole in either direction.  The contact outputs on the axis
cameras can be controlled through the web interface.  You'd need a slip
ring arrangement of some sort or limit switches on the rotator so that
your ethernet and control cables don't get all wrapped up when the pole
rotates, of course.

Patrick

Tom,
I would try and look up something from the ham radio realm. They have
remote control systems for remote mounted radios. My idea would be is you
can find something with a software package that can remotely control a
rotor. This rotor would have your AP and camera mounted to the short
section
of mast on top of the rotor. This could be an inexpensive TV antenna
rotor.
Off the top of my head I can't think of anything that I know does this but
that's because I don't play with remote controlled radios much.

Thank You,
Brian Webster
www.wirelessmapping.com <http://www.wirelessmapping.com>