On Sun, 3 Dec 2006, Mac Dearman wrote:

SUMMARY: USE THE SHOE THAT FITS - ONE SIZE DOES NOT FIT ALL - EVER!

This is good advice. For those that think I am "religous" regarding this argument, are mis-reading my statements. I am only dispelling bad information. At any rate, there is certainly a place for bridging and a place for routing in any network. VLANs offer still more functionality and (where it's appropriate), I always recommend it. I've simply found that there are few places where the overhead associated with VLANs is necessary or particularly useful in most of the networks I've designed. Either way, I think I'm moving on....:-)

--
Butch Evans
http://www.butchevans.com/