Just as clarification, I am not at all giving pass to this guy's
actions or anyone who intentionally or knowingly disrupts any service
of any kind.

I certainly hope though that I'm not going to be held liable if
someone comes suing me because literally their life depending on the
delivery of an email. I don't care how good of system for email
handling one has, there are too many failure points and places where
things can go wrong, many of which are totally out of my control.

I also truly hope I nor any one close to me needs an organ transplant
if email is how vitally important notifications are sent.

"I'm sorry sir, you do not qualify for a transplant because you
indicated on your application you have neither a computer nor an email
address."

~fred