Brian, I can send you a couple for free if you need some for your emergency response team.

I've got a bunch of Teletronics 802.11B EZ Bridges, 100mw and 200mw, that I pulled and replaced with Lonnie's war boards. They work fine. Have a web interface for survey and configuration and are just dumb bridges that you will need some kind of gateway router.

While I'm at it, does anyone still use these? I'd make you are really good deal.

George

Brian Webster wrote:
I'm looking for a good client radio to use in an emergency communications
vehicle. My criteria are, POE, highest gain panel antenna possible,
scan/survey tool built in, web interface, 802.11b at minimum. I'm part of a
ham radio emergency response group and we have our own comms van. I want to
have a client radio that we can use on a push up mast to scan around for an
open access point and grab bandwidth in an emergency on a scene. We respond
with our county Hazmat team for support and the internet is handy. We
already have a Wild Blue setup and that will work when necessary but I would
like to be able to use something with lower latency so we can implement VOIP
at times. I have not studied the 802.11b outdoor client radios in a long
time and thought I would ask opinions here. Price is a consideration but the
feature set is more important. Id' like to stay away from YDI/Proxim just
because of their attitude on the phone whenever I have dealt with them. If
any of you can point me to a link were I can purchase one that would be
great. Have a nice day.

Thank You,
Brian Webster
www.wirelessmapping.com