Hi Jeff,

Please don't get me started on imagestream... but anyways, the real stuff that really works - cisco - doesn't come in small form factor / extended temprature range and low power, is all I was saying. We use linux on Soekris with our own special blend (and < 6mb) of linux for these jobs, so it's quagga and ospf and 802.1q (for actual routing) and no eigrp or isl for us. We don't try to do anything really fancy on any of the solar sites since power is at a premium and usually alls that's needed is little more than simple bridging at those locations while the heavy lifting is usually done from an AC powered site.

Jeff Broadwick wrote:

If you are seeking solutions for this sort of application, ImageStream can
help:

http://www.imagestream.com/Envoy.html  -10C to =65C certification available

http://www.imagestream.com/R1.html  -20C to +70C  12/24 and 48 volt DC
available.

Regards,

Jeff

Mike-

Jeff Broadwick wrote:
Hi Ryan,

I realize this is somewhat tangential to your main point, but I wanted to point out that EIGRP/IGRP aren't standard protocols, nor will they work with any other router, necessarily. If you are shying away from proprietary equipment, Cisco's proprietary routing protocols are the last things you should be using.

Regards,

Jeff