Hi,

Having personally aligned many, many 2ft and 3ft dishes at 5.3ghz - 5.8ghz, I can say that I have never actually found a "side lobe" with any of our links. The signal starts low and goes up as we find center, and then slowly drops down on the other side. The only links I have ever actually seen (and incorrectly aligned to) a side lobe was with 38ghz. Are you sure you are seeing a side lobe?

I have aligned 5.8ghz links up to 73 miles (and even a test link at 137 miles) within 5 minutes start to finish. Is it possible you have another problem?

Travis
Microserv

Lawrence E. Bakst wrote:
1. Does anyone have any experience with the XtremeWave MPR Series from PCTEL/MaxRad?

2. Can anyone comapre the PacWireless offerings to the XtremeWave MPR Series? I  suspect the MPR's are more expensive/

3. Some of the MPR's have side lobes that make alignment challenging. In this case we are talking about the 24" 5.8 GHz model.Does anyone have an tips or ideas on how to align 24" dishes on 70-100 foot towers. To be honest our installer seems to be having issues getting it right. I actually think we'll get it next time. There are 3 cases:
side lobe to side lobe
main lobe to side lobe
main lobe to main lobe

We started out with side lobe to side lobe. In the second attempt we briefly saw  what I believe was main lobe to main lobe, but person to person communication problems forced us to settle for main lobe to side lobe, which was 5 dB more RSSI and not the 10 dB we had seen or hoped for.

Best,

leb