Hi,

We use either a GPS at each side, or just bearing coordinates and a compass. I have aligned several links at 20+ miles only doing one side and then going to the other side and having a perfect signal. :)

And actually the longer the distance the easier it becomes... most 5.8ghz dishes have around a 4 degree beamwidth... which means at 30 miles is a much broader area than at 5 miles, thus easier to get inside that beam.

We aligned a 137 mile link (just for testing) within 10 minutes. ;)

Travis
Microserv

chris cooper wrote:
Can you share the method you use to link them up so quickly over such a
distance?
Thanks
Chris

I have aligned 5.8ghz links up to 73 miles (and even a test link at 137
miles) within 5 minutes start to finish. Is it possible you have another
problem?