>From 2002:
-----Original Message-----
From: Allen Marsalis [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, June 15, 2002 11:19 PM
To: isp-wireless@isp-wireless.com
Subject: RE: We have a problem - using BAII

At 04:39 PM 6/13/2002 -0500, Charles Chia Sheng Wu wrote:
 >>Ahh finally some one with the same problems that I have been having.
 >>Sorry to hear that you are having problems also, but I have the exact
 >>same problem as you and it started 2-3 weeks ago and I have done
 >>everything but cut an arm off and broadcasted from it!! I have a few
 >>questions.. how many customers are you running.  I cleared up a lot
of
 >>problems but limiting a few customers uploads.
 >
 >Another example of hidden node

Hidden node..  my god....

It's all in the error counters.. This is one of the big benefits of
using BAII.. It will tell you what the problem is unlike most WLAN gear
that just basically say "error causing a restransmission" and little
more.

Are the retrans caused primarily by RTS collisions? CRC errors? CTS
errors?
AckDelay? You typically don't get this level of detail from most gear..

The counters tell if you if the problem is on the LAN side, WAN side,
due to interference, due to a bad cable, due to bad LOS issues, etc.

Observe and learn to read the 4->1->1 screen to see what is going on..
See: http://www.wispfaq.com/searchfaq.html?id=53

Hidden node...  Jeez Charles..  If you would just act with a little
more principle, I bet more folks (like me) would have more confidence
in you...  I suppose Karlnet is the solution to these two folks
problems?!  Why even reply to an Alvarion post as a vendor if you
don't even sell Alvarion?

Does this sound like hidden node?

 >One day everything is fine, about 1 1/2 weeks ago things started
 >happening

Jeez..  Sorry but hidden node doesn't suddenly hit you out of the blue!

Allen
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Patrick Leary
AVP WISP Markets