To: <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 04, 2007 10:56 PM
Subject: [WISPA] Bad Storm in Nebraska

I thought it was bad when I lost a backhaul on a mountaintop for part of the day today...until I saw what happened in Central Nebraska....
http://www.nppd.org/
Charter had 7000 cable internet customers down, including several thousand out here 200+ miles away. One of the microwave towers carrying their signal looks like a piece of spaghetti. When you see those big hi-cap electrical transmission towers collapsed, you know that it was bad. Some towns will not have power for three weeks. Yuck.
Matt Larsen