From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Tim Wolfe
Sent: Thursday, January 18, 2007 4:47 AM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Most Common Questions for Tech Support Line ?

Forbes, sorry to take this off topic, but I also tried to use the
SmartBridges AirPoint Nexus unit. If You use all SmartBridges CPE's?,
You will not have an issue, but when trying to use any other 802.11b/g
CPE, FORGET IT!. For some reason the "normal" 802.11b/g CPE's are just
not chatty enough, so the SmartBridges AP boots the CPE every 3 seconds
or so, causing the CPE to try and re-associate. This cycle goes on
forever and there is no fix. Keep in mind that while this is happening,
Your customer only gets very sporatic internet access and Your support
phones will be ringing!. It is a shame?, because the AP's themselves
have a lot of cool features and the metal enclosures they come in are
rock solid. None of this makes up for the fact that it just doesn't work
of course?. I have a total of 8 units just lying around collecting
dust(AP's, CPE's and PtP units). Get that unit off of Your network ASAP,
as there is no fix.

Forbes Mercy wrote:
> We use almost all Smartbridge AP's but recently added one of their newer
> units, it just likes to stop associating or passing traffic randomely so that
> bridge is our nightmare.  My sysadmin doesn't like Microtic stuff but he'
> leaves at the week for another job so you can bet I will be buying some
> because he never gave me any good alternatives.  Of course for our new techs
> we love to call them with "I can't get my PPP up" just to see if they are
> listening.
>
> In reality the most questions we get are "why is your Internet so slow" and
> they yell at us because they have viruses and adware even though our startup
> disk includes adware and and AVG.  I swear we have been blamed for divorces
> and the porn they go to see.  It's always our fault.  It makes me wonder if
> Cable gets questions like "you let my kid see evil shows" too.

Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.