How far do you need it to go?

How reliable do you need it to be?

marlon

To: <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Sunday, January 21, 2007 7:09 AM
Subject: [WISPA] Wireless Backhaul - Where Do I Begin?

Folks,

I'm looking out about 6 months and expect to run out of bandwidth with my
current T1 line.  That's the good news because it means that I have more
demand than supply.  My niche is that I serve the rural community and
getting bandwidth out here is a challenge.  I would like to begin planning
for an expanded service area but the first problem I need to solve is the
acquisition of more bandwidth.

  I think the most likely solution would be for a wireless backhaul but I
have no idea where to begin. Since you all have helped so much in the past, I figured this forum would at least set me on the correct path. Questions I
have include:  Who are the cost-effective providers?  What's the transport
medium of choice? What kinds of distances are available? What is the unit
of bandwidth - 45Mbps? And what costs are to be expected?

  As usual, thanks in advance for any and all responses!

Regards, Jim in Kansas City..

Jim Stout

LTO Communications, LLC

15701 Henry Andrew Dr