On Mon, 2007-01-22 at 11:50 -0800, steve wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm wondering what people are using for snmp monitoring of the network.
> I've got about a dozen devices so far, and more to come with expansion
> and am looking for a nice snmp poller that would preferably run on linux
> (debian) and give me nice looking reports with either web interface or
> client software.

Cacti (http://www.cacti.net/) is really nice, but it has a high learning
curve on creating graphs.  Cacti also has a large user base, and alot of
information can be gathered from the forums.  If you use it, make sure
to limit access to the web page, as it has had a rocky security history
over the last few months.  If you need to have some graphs public you
can have it generate static images to post to webpages.

There should be a cacti package for debian.

> Thanks!
> Steve

Ryan