I do. I run a squid cache (that way filtering comes easy too). I get a hit rate of 40% (40% of requested items come from the cache), and this accounts for 20% of the bandwidth (the 40% are usually small graphics, etc). So I stretch my bandwidth by about 20%.

Jason

Peter R. wrote:
Do any of you use caching to save on bandwidth consumption?

Blair Davis wrote:

The other point is, that with a good mix of residential and business customers, and a little creative thinking, one can match their usage patterns to minimize ones peak bandwidth requirements while still providing the 'fast, snappy feel' that the users prefer....