Well, either way, if it's an ap that talks to more than one client, it's max eirp is 4 watts. 36dB
laters,
marlon

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chadd Thompson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 10:00 PM
Subject: RE: [WISPA] TV white spaces

Sorry,

The signal was in the -70's not right at -70. It was mid to upper -70's from what I figured up they were putting out around 43dBm EIRP. I could also see
the SSID of the AP so I know what town it was located in and it was/is a
sectorized POP that would be around 30dBm radio input to a 14-15dBi antenna
or a 26dBm radio input to a 17-18dBi antenna.

Thanks,
Chadd

That's 4 watts.  At 39 dB you'd be at 8 watts.  At 40 it would be
around 10
watts.

Are you SURE that the remote tower you're seeing at -70 is really
20 miles
out?  To pick that up with a -70 rssi from a 9 dB antenna would
require an
amazing amount of power.

It was very common for a long time to see Hyperlink and a couple of other
amp manufacturers sell 1 watt amps (30 dB) and 15 dB omni antennas.  Even
with that config I show an rssi of -76.  I guess they could be
running a 2
watt amp and a 18 dB panel of some kind.  But I'd find that very unusual.