From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Mac Dearman
Sent: Tuesday, February 13, 2007 12:37 AM
To: 'WISPA General List'
Subject: RE: [WISPA] Form 445

Patients who experience an acute psychotic episode lasting longer than one
day but less than one month and that may or may not immediately follow an
important life stress or a pregnancy (with postpartum onset). This illness
usually comes as a surprise as there is no forewarning that the person is
likely to "break down," although this disorder is more common in people with
a pre-existing personality disorder (particularly histrionic and borderline
types). The main diagnostic criteria is as follows:

 The patient has at least one of the following that is not a culturally
sanctioned response:

1. Delusions
2. Hallucinations
3. Speech that is markedly disorganized
4. Behavior that is markedly disorganized or catatonic.

 The patient has symptoms from 1 to 30 days and eventually recovers
completely.

 The disturbance is not better accounted for by a Mood Disorder With
Psychotic Features, Schizoaffective Disorder, or Schizophrenia and is not
due to the direct physiological effects of a substance (e.g., a drug of
abuse, a medication) or a general medical condition.

Sincerely,
Mac Dearman