Yes, we need to be able to charge per bit, because we have alot content providers riding on our pipe selling things to our clients. I have noticed they are less and less talking to the ISP's whose bandwidth it is that they are using.

We don't need another war on the list about this either, it is a reality. CTV in Canada is offering programming "from their website"

You have a Good Day now,

Carl A Jeptha
http://www.airnet.ca
Office Phone: 905 349-2084
Office Hours: 9:00am - 5:00pm
skype cajeptha

wispa wrote:
On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 00:49:32 -0500, Rick Smith wrote
Telcos. They're going to get what they want @ the FCC, which is to put the little guys out of business. It'll just be a matter of time and money, and we don't have much of either.

I'd agree with you, if you take the "first impression" too. Problem is, I don't really know this. Nor do I think it strongly either.
Several reasons:
1. We're far enough down the food chain that the telco / cableco wars are going to result in a lot of blood on the ground and it won't much be our blood. 2. Three years is really an eternity when it comes to how rapid change has been will be and lots of perspectives have been adjusting.
Of course, wasn't it Marlon that said that that's what people said about us 5 yrs ago and here we are, still, today?

Well, I said 2 years ago that I am willing and able to take on ANYONE and can find a way to get myself enough market share to survive against ANYONE...except the government. They're the only people we can't survive.
Look at it this way. If you're building to sell, you're building fast and furious right now, just to put yourself in the way of the next one that comes along.

At some point you're going to amass enough users to make it more attractive
to the Verizons and the SBC's of the world to just buy you out instead of marketing to all your customers, who are really happy campers and don't WANT to switch.

If I had 1000 customers today, and was asked to take a half million dollars and walk away... I don't believe I would. I know that seems a bit crazy, but at this point in my life, going to work for someone else... is about as attractive as eating cow pies. However, I think ALL of us should be diligently looking for ways to get beyond just that 'net connection. Video, tv, ( we're all aware of VOIP, of course ), and ... well, what else? We should be building our networks with the idea that there's a future beyond surfing. We can be competitive, especially if we team up in numbers.
/