Gang,

I've played around with a Mikrotik box as an ap and I really like what it'll do. I especially like the low power consumption it has. I measured it's average current draw at 12 volts for over a week with my Fluke 175 and it was drawing 0.310 Amps on average. This is 3.72 watts (at 12 v nominal) with 3 radios powered up and 2 radios actually sending/receiving data. I know its internally rated to handle 15 watts, but it doesn't use that much with CM9's.

Now, is there an alternative to the Mikrotik that has similar qualities and is FCC certified? I am working on a solar powered ap and would like to have a bill of materials by weeks end. I'd like 2 ap's co-located and a ptp link to my NOC.

Jason