Not all WISPs use license-exempt exclusively, as you know. I am looking forward to some type of licensed play in the future myself. Congrats to Alvarion on staying ahead of the curve on WiMAX. By all accounts you guys are leading most of the pack out there for WiMAX globally. Let me know when you have this offering in AWS. Better yet come out with a platform which time shares 802.16 d and e so I can run both mobile and fixed in the same band. That would be the best of both worlds for WiMAX.
Scriv

Patrick Leary wrote:

Hi folks,

I just wanted this community to be aware of this. It does represent a
major milestone for the industry, even though this is not license-exempt
equipment. It is a market first. This is a commercial release, not an
announcement of an upcoming product.