I recall some past discussion bemoaning the large dish sizes required for
licensed links .. I just found this in the latest "Rural Spectrum Scanner"
from Bennett Law (http://www.bennetlaw.com/rss.php?vol=13&issue=12). Should
WISPA endorse this? I'm not familiar with the details of 11 GHz regulation.

*FCC Seeks Comment on the Use of Smaller Antennas in the 11 GHz Band*

The FCC has released a *Public Notice* announcing that it has adopted a *Notice
of Proposed Rulemaking* seeking comment on whether to permit the
installation of smaller antennas by Fixed Service (FS) operators in the
10.7-11.7 GHz band.  The FCC initiated the rulemaking pursuant to a Petition
for Rulemaking filed by FiberTower, Inc., a wireless backhaul provider,
proposing to change the technical parameters that would permit the use of
smaller FS antennas with reduced mainbeam gain, increased beamwidth, and
modified sidelobe suppression in the 11 GHz band.  The FCC seeks comment on
whether FiberTower, Inc.'s proposals would serve the public interest by
facilitating the efficient use of the 11 GHz band while protecting other
users in the band from interference due to the use of smaller antennas.  The
pleading cycle has not yet been established.

Best,
--
Dylan Oliver
Primaverity, LLC