From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of John Scrivner
Sent: Monday, April 16, 2007 11:10 AM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] WISPA Board

Thank you for the kind words, Mac. I will certainly run as long as the
group wants me to be part of the board of WISPA. I do want all of you to
know though that I think any good organization should have people move
through the ranks. Anyone who is part of WISPA, has some leadership
skills and wants to see things improve for the industry should try to
serve on the board at some point. It is a valuable experience. We need
fresh ideas and new blood infused over time to keep this a going concern.

I think it makes us all better followers if we have to be leaders at
some point. I see so many people who take a leadership role in local
government, a town club, a church or charity and they take it on the
chin from people who have never had to lead. If we all take a shot at
leading WISPA over time the work product of the entire group will
improve because we will all know what it is like to try to run this
effort. In effect, we will all become better followers if we have been
leaders at least once.  We will also all know more about the structure,
management and operation of the organization. I feel this diversity is
very important for the organization to remain vital and sustainable into
the future.

I have told Mac before that I wanted to see him serve on the board of
WISPA. I want to publicly request that Mac Dearman run for the board.
For those of you who do not know it, Mac led the efforts after Katrina
which led to some of the best work WISPA has ever done. We helped many
people in shelters, churches, etc. Mac did a god job of leading that
effort. I have little doubt that he would make a good director for WISPA
in our next board. Mac, please go over to http://nominations.wispa.org
and fill out the form.
John Scrivner
President