To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Saturday, April 21, 2007 6:41 PM
Subject: Re: [WISPA] 5GHz Amps

I don't know what equiopment you use... but...  here's a scenario...

20 dbm radios...    15 db panel on one side and a 32 db solid dish on the
other. At 15 miles, you should have a -68 signal. (Araya's link calculator says this) You're WELL within the P2P eirp rules for 5.8, and at -68 you
should be able to use a star-os or mikrotik or other similar based link at
around 36Meg data rate.

My stuff will stay pretty much at 54meg data rate at a -68, and even serious
weather fade should keep you at 24Meg or above.

Workable?   pacwireless sells the solid 32db dish for 270 online.

I sometimes use Compex 23 dbm a/b/g radios, for the power at 5 ghz, and they
cost what I used to pay for CM-9's.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mark Nash" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>