Thank you Mike. I met Mike at the last WCA show and was fascinated by his concept of turning spectrum which is normally relegated to only point to point use to be allowed for use as point to multi point WiMAX or similar use. This is an awesome opportunity for WISPs to gain access to spectrum licenses which can be used for delivering wireless broadband using WiMAX or similar gear. Please feel free to ask questions and start a dialog on this effort so we can look at possibly working with them to support this unique approach to licensed spectrum use.
John Scrivner

michael mulcay wrote:

Guys,

As we wireless operators know, the costs of licensed networks
(equipment, antennas and licensing) makes providing services to the
majority of subscribers prohibitively expensive, and the cost at auction
for spectrum (for WiMax and 4G products) is beyond the reach of most of
us.

To overcome these problems, two years ago Wireless Strategies began
research into ways to use new technologies -- WiMAX and smart antennas
-- to reuse side lobe radiation around sites of point-to-point 4GHz and
6GHz microwave links under the present FCC rules and without causing
additional interference.
Our finding is that networks can be designed to operate with smart
antennas with distributed radiators and that the new paths can be
concurrently coordinated, under existing FCC rules and without causing
additional interference.

We believe that concurrent coordination will be "The Next Big Thing in
Wireless," leveling the playing field by making it possible for WISPs to
obtain multipurpose licensed spectrum at pennies on the dollar compared
to obtaining it at auction. By making use of the formerly wasted side
lobe radiation of 4GHz and 6GHz paths, WISPs will be able to use IEEE
802.16-based (WiMAX) equipment with small antennas to provide licensed
broadband services to hundreds of additional subscribers at a
provisioning cost of only about $500 per link. We appreciate that some
members of the industry may initially perceive any change to the status
quo as a threat, but we believe that concurrent coordination will
provide extraordinary benefits to the entire industry, especially WISPs.

Due to the potential for unprecedented industry-wide changes from the
use of antennas with distributed radiators to provide multiple-path
low-cost broadband services under the existing FCC rules, Wireless
Strategies decided to remove any uncertainty for investors and service
providers by, on February 23, 2007, filing with the Federal
Communications Commission, a Request for a Declaratory Ruling on
Compliance of Fixed Microwave Antennas Having Distributed Radiating
Elements.

However, to date, the FCC has taken no action. We believe that emails of
support from the WISP community can help speed up the process, by
encouraging the FCC to either issue the requested declaratory ruling or
to issue a Public Notice for industry comment.

Therefore, if you would like a copy of our FCC filing and/or information
about the new concept of concurrent coordination, please contact me at
Wireless Strategies 831-659-5618 or [EMAIL PROTECTED] For
additional information you can also visit our web site at
www.wirelessstrategies.net.
Thanks,

Mike

Michael Mulcay, CEO