Mike does have a point here, I am a subscriber of the list, and I have
pondered this as well, I have seen direct promotion and links in plenty of
signatures, I don't think the link to their site is bad, you can determine
the site of most posters by their address, some you can't because they use a
gmail address like mine to keep my own desktop free of the amount of mail
that passes through this list daily, plus I like the by-thread organization
it presents.

I don't feel that ANY promotion of products or services in a signature of
this particular list should be allowed unless you pay for it.
I do however think that a link to the mailers website would not offend the
paying vendors, just not direct marketing of their products in their
signature or in their posts. This would allow a list subscriber to contact
another subscriber of the list without having to mail them back to their
*maybe* list only address.

Just my 2 cents.

I'm not a paying vendor either, I just think that that makes sense.

Zack