I installed a customer in October and started having Ethernet problems in
March.  I have an approximately 200' Ethernet run from the top of a TV tower,
to the house, and through the basement.  I installed a Belden? outdoor Cat5E
cable, a Mohawk outdoor gel cable, a rope for future cable additions, and an
RG6 quad shield TV cable in a conduit.

Numerous times I cut off slack on both ends of the original cable (the Belden).
 All that fixed the problem was turning off auto negotiation and setting it to
100 HDX.  A few weeks later the problems returned, and I set it to 10 HDX.
Now, maybe 6 weeks later the problem is back.  I switched to the Mohawk cable.
I put on a different PoE injector and a different ECS cable (PacWireless cable
that provides an Ethernet jack on the outside of the enclosure and has a 1'
pigtail that plugs into the Mikrotik board.  Problem remains.  The Mikrotik is
getting power as it associates with my tower and the two clients off an AP
installed on the same board work just fine.  I tried different patch cables
from the injectors to the laptop\desktop.

I really don't want to pull 200' of cable only to have it not work again.

Does anyone have a good Ethernet tester I can borrow\rent?  Not one that just
says if the pins make it (I had one of those and it said the cable was fine),
but one that is a bit more advanced.  From my understanding, these are $800 -
$5k units.  Someone close to Northern Illinois would be best.  I'm out of ideas.

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions
http://www.ics-il.com