Rohn sold them. They marketed it as an "Erection Fixture".  I prefer Gin
Pole.

You can buy the top piece with the pully and the bottom clamps from
http://w9iix.com/ii00008.htm They are about $230.00 and you can supply the
mast or buy it. It is a 2"OD pipe (aluminum or steel)  We have one with a
real heavy duty mast, but it is too heavy. I would use a thinner walled pole
next time.

There are pics on the site of how to use the pole.  It is really quite easy.

I had a home made gin pole once too, til someone borrowed it and wouldn't
return it.  If I get time, I will document how it was made. It was very
cheap.

Ralph

This is some of the text from the site:

THE GIN POLE, Here at IIX EQUIPMENT, many people ask: What is a gin pole?
Why use a gin pole to do tower work?
How do you use it?

Well, lets talk about it. The foremost consideration when performing tower
and antenna work above ground level is HUMAN SAFETY. A gin pole, or raising
fixture, provides this safety by giving the tower climber the needed heavy
lifting ability the ground person provides. A gin pole consists of 3 basic
parts: (1) a pulley assembly to provide mechanical advantage when lifting,
(2) a pole to gain height needed for the lift, and (3) the clamp assembly to
attach everything to the tower. Typically the ground person does the heavy
lifting, while the tower person above has the freedom to guide and fasten
the tower and antenna components together.

To use a gin pole, assemble the clamp and pulley on a 2 inch o.d. pipe 10 to
15 feet long. To erect a tower, first install a tower section on the
concrete pad and attach the gin pole on the upper part of this section. Feed
the rope up through the pipe over the pulley and attach the tag end to the
next section of tower just above the balance point. Raise this section up
over the first section by pulling on the gin pole rope and attach it to the
bottom section with fasteners. Repeat this process until the tower is
erected, then use the gin pole to lift the rotor, mast, and antennas into
place. The pulley can be adjusted to any desired height by loosening the
clamp t bolt and sliding up or down the pipe to help install these
components. Always pull the load up against the side of the tower to
minimize the stress on the tower and the gin pole.

When a high lifting angle is used to raise the load (to clear trees,
obstructions, ect) , the stress put on the tower and gin pole pipe could
become severe and possibly uncontrollable. This method is as dangerous as
using a power winch or vehicle to raise tower sections or antennas and have
a binding situation occur that goes unnoticed until the force becomes
excessive and a failure in the tower, gin pole or lift line. IIX gin pole
kits are designed to lift loads using human power and should never be used
with any type of mechanical power.

Proper use of a gin pole provides a controllable and safe method to erect
and maintain a tower and antenna assembly, use it!