From: "Jack Unger" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent 6/10/2007 7:17:42 PM
To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Subject: Re: [WISPA] How much does FCC certification cost?

Depends on the amount of lab-time testing needed.

You can minimize test time (and cost) when you use a wireless card that
has already received a modular approval from the card manufacturer along
with a "clean" single-board computer (SBC) motherboard, a clean power
supply plus software that dis-allows operation (or excess radiation)
outside of the U.S. band. That combination costs about $3219 to certify.

I recommend certifying with a range of antennas (the entire range of
antenna types that you're likely to use).

Hit me off-line for more detailed info.

jack

D. Ryan Spott wrote:
> ?
>

> ryan

FCC License # PG-12-25133
Serving the Broadband Wireless Industry Since 1993
True Vendor-Neutral Wireless Consulting-Training-Troubleshooting
FCC Part 15 Certification for Manufacturers and Service Providers
Phone (VoIP Over Broadband Wireless) 818-227-4220 www.ask-wi.com