To: "'WISPA General List'" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Monday, July 02, 2007 2:23 PM
Subject: RE: [WISPA] Trango & VOIP

I'm not using Canopy at the moment - I had bought a trial kit, ended up
selling it.  I'm using Mikrotik right now.  How are you doing with
concurrent calls per sector?  I'm talking about rolling out a network
_mostly_ dedicated to VOIP, even some customers without data at all.  Some
customers would have as many as 8 to 10 voice lines.  For customers who want
more I would simply use a PtP link for them.   With all VOIP the real
bandwidth cuts to 4.5Mbps on Advantage according to Motorola's white papers.

I'm also concerned with scalability, if I have 6 x 5.7 Canopy APs on a
tower, I need 100' of vertical space to co-locate a 5.2 set.  Most of my
towers aren't even 100' tall.  Trango is not only dual polarity, but dual
band as well.  Nothing suggests you can't put them all in close proximity as
long as they are in different polarizations / bands when close by.

I wonder if IAX2 trunking would allow more VOIP calls over the same data
bandwidth due to packet size / aggregation?