David,

This is totally in the other direction of having a full keyboard, but you might look at the Nokia 770 and 800. The 770's are on discount now, for about $150. Someone showed me theirs last week. It is more geared toward Wi-Fi connections, but would connect to the net thru bluetooth to your cellphone.

Seemed like a reasonable web browser for something that fits in your pocket. And it runs linux, so ssh is there. I was able to connect to a StarOS AP in less than a minute. I'm hoping ssh can be configured with some macros, plus practice should improve on time. 800x480 screen, I might new glasses.