This really isn't a hard subject to grasp - unless you try to make it that
way. What a lot of us are looking for is an easy way to ssh or telnet into
our networks and do whatever it is we need to do, but don't want to be
tethered to a laptop.

A real life example would be sitting at the ball park - NMS sends a text
that "whatever" is down - pick up the cell phone telnet into the "whatever"
device and take care of business. Surely you can see the simplicity in what
we are looking for, but for some reason you feel the need to do "whatever it
is" that you are doing with this thread.

Not difficult.

Mac