A Tyan or SuperMicro would make a better motherboard.

--Mike

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dave Brenton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2007 4:35 PM
Subject: [WISPA] DIY Server Questions

Hi Gang!

I'm finally, at long last building my Network Operations Center
and would love to hear recommendations from the brave
souls out there that build their own hardware.

I'm looking for recommendations for motherboards,
rack-mount case vendors, Rack vendors, etc.

I must admit I have a bias against Intel-based systems,
but would defer to experience supporting an Intel platform.
I will in every instance be running on flavor or another of Linux
for all my OS needs, should that have a bearing on the response.

My previous experience favors ASUS motherboards, and
good name-brand memory devices. I have lost faith in most
of the Disc Drive makers, however Shugart's 5 year warranty
is tempting me in their direction.

Any thoughts, comments, etc are welcomed.

If appropriate, you may contact me of list.

Dave Brenton
General Manager
Rural Tennessee Wireless Broadband, LLC
3430 Highway 49
Dover TN  37058

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

931.232.0914 (office)
931.827.4181 (home)
931.627.1142 (cell - when not in cell-hell)

Livin' on Central Stupid Time ('til October)

** Join us at the WISPA Reception at 6:30 PM on October the 16th 2007 at ISPCON **
** THE INTERNET INDUSTRY EVENT **
** Use Customer Code WSEMF7 when you register online at http://www.ispcon.com/register.php **

**